Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Munchies - Time for Salad!

Well - I have officially completed my annual Thanksgiving gorge event. Four full days of stuffing my face until I can barely move. Now I must try to behave throughout December - at least on the days I am not partaking in more holiday deliciousness. So how do I plan to do that? Easy! Salads! Lots of salads! But having salad for dinner every night need not be boring. Here are some great recipes I plan to use.

My sister introduced me to Panzanella a few years ago and I don't think I'll ever be the same. It is a simple Tuscan-style salad that can't be beat. Bonus - you can use your stale bread so nothing goes to waste. Try this recipe from Chocolate and Zucchini.

I like my salads to be simple.  That's why I absolutely love Salade Frisee aux Lardons - recipe courtesy of Memorie di Angelina. The French can make anything seem fancy, right? Why bacon (excuse me, lardon) when I am trying to behave? Doesn't everyone know that the lettuce (excuse me, frisee) cancels out the bacon? Duh.



There is a restaurant chain in St. Louis called Pasta House Co. that was always a favorite of my family. We would make trips into the city to devour their Pasta House Co. Special Salad and Pasta con Broccoli. Holy moly! This salad is addictive!!! I am no longer near St. Louis, but I do have my ways of getting my hands on the recipe...okay - so it was actually my Mama that managed to figure that out years ago. And now today it is all over the internet. Still.



If you're gonna have salad every night for dinner, you better change it up with varied tastes and textures. I have never tried this Truffle Dressing Herb Salad but it sounds delightful. Post your comments and let us know what you think if you try it. I'll post my feedback on our Facebook page.



Lest I not forget one of my favorite salads of all time - Mixed Greens with Goat Cheese, Cranberries and Walnuts. I just toss mine together and use whatever type of vinaigrette suits my mood, but the lemon-maple vinaigrette in this recipe from Coastal Living sounds divine!



Honestly, I usually toss ours with Ken's Light Raspberry Walnut Dressing right out of the bottle - DELISH! I have also been known to throw in some chicken breast to make it a bit more hearty.
That gives us all enough recipes to get through the work week dinners. Give us your feedback on your favorites. Enjoy your greens!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...