Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday Munchies - What to do with that Hot Pepper Jelly?

Merry Monday after Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends, good food and lots of presents. I sure did! If you were lucky enough to receive some hot pepper jellies for gifts and are now sitting back and wondering what on earth you'll do with all of it (like many of my friends and family are probably wondering at this very moment) then you have come to the right place! I have decided to take this Monday Munchie time together to offer some delicious ideas. Here goes!
Carol Hall's Hot Pepper Jelly Company has some great recipe ideas. Topping my list is her Sweet & Hot Chicken.

The Sweet Onion-Smothered Burgers are also incredible.

Admittedly, I have not tried this Smoked Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce recipe, but it looks and sounds fantastic!


The jellies also offer a great way to punch up your veggies. Like this Delicata Squash with Hot Pepper Glaze recipe from A Veggie Venture.

Appetizers must be my favorite way to use my hot pepper jelly, though. Try these:
Phyllo dough is so convenient these days. Just buy it right out of your grocer's freezer and VIOLA! Instant gourmet appetizers! Like these Phyllo Cups with Brie and Hot Pepper Jelly.

Or how about these Phyllo Pastry Tarts with Hot Pepper Jelly from Food.com?

Honestly, most of the time I just throw some cream cheese or goat cheese in a small (but beautiful) bowl and then spoon my hot pepper jelly over it. Put out with crackers for guests, I can guarantee you it will be devoured in no time!
Now go have some Hot Pepper Jelly fun!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...