Monday, February 21, 2011

Comfort Food with a Twist - Monday Munchies

One sure way to please a crowd is to feed them good old fashioned comfort food. So let's take that up a notch! Check out these exciting new approaches to the same ol', same ol'...

A mashed potato bar from Moore Minutes...FABULOUS!


Or this one from Intimate Weddings


Or this one, also from Intimate Weddings

(Is it just me or am I sensing a new trend here with mashed potatoes???)



Gourmet Sliders - inspiration from Gordon Gossip


Jalapeno Poppers Three Ways, also from Mr. Duran, courtesy of Food Network
(one way is stuffed with PB&J...what?!?!)

Winter will be coming to an end before you know it and, therefore, so will my cravings for comfort food. Until next winter, anyway. I plan to live it up while I can.

Happy President's Day!


3 comments:

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Have seen a couple of mashed potato bars featured elsewhere...but spaghetti & meatball skewers?! Now, that is a neat idea! Thanks for sharing what's new.

Unknown said...

I just went to a wedding that had a mashed potato martini bar! It blew my mind.

Gretchen said...

Thanks for your comments! I just went to an event (work-related) that featured a sliders bar. It was fantastic and a HUGE hit with the attendees. I want to do that this summer for a grilling party. Can't wait!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...