Monday, March 7, 2011

Marmalade - Monday Munchies

My new canning budding, A, came over the other night and we whipped up some fantastic marmalades before the citrus season got away from us. Both of our creations used Ball Jar recipes. There truly are some fantastic boutique-y canning recipes out there but I tend to fall back on the recipes from this book almost every time. They never fail me. I realize that I have many trusty things in my posts about which I say that - call me old fashioned. I don't mind. I actually prefer it. Below are recipes similar to what we made, with pictures courtesy of other talented bloggers/photographers (where is Heather, the photographer, when I need her?).
Orange Chili Marmalade (picture courtesy of Tea and Sympatico - check out her recipe, too, it is very similar)
Grapefruit Marmalade (picture courtesy of FoodForFriendsYeah - her recipe actually looks easier than the one we used)
Marmalades are so under-rated! They are good for so much more than schmearing on an English muffin. Although, I must say that I love them that way! Here are some ideas:
What better for the upcoming St. Patty's holiday than Honey Marmalade Mustard Glazed Corned Beef from Good Life Eats?


Smoked Paprika Shredded Pork with Orange Fennel Marmalade - what a great appetizer recipe from McCormick.


Marmalade Sour from Spirits and Cocktails. Will someone please make me one right now?!?!




So there you have it - marmalade for every meal. Does it get any better than that? I think not.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...