Monday, July 4, 2011

Party Food in a Pinch - Monday Munchies

So you have already heard that I have been in caught in interstate moving turmoil this past month, but what you don't know is that it has drug on for about 45 days.  It is a long long story and I won't bore you with the details.  Needless to say that when asked to make a fun dish for a party not too long ago, I was stumped.  I still have no kitchen, no pots and pans and basically no crafting supplies.  Sometimes you have to lean on the convenient no-fuss things that are out there in stores today.  Hence, today's topic.  Ideas for you when you must create something fabulous in a pinch.  Of course, I've linked to recipes as well - if you are so inclined. 




"Make Your Own Gourmet Hot Dog" Bar, courtesy of Hostess (with the mostess)





Popcorn Bar with recipes and other ideas courtesy of MyRecipes.com:







You may also remember the popcorn post I did last year that offered some other tasty ideas.  I set up a popcorn bar at the last party I attended and - honestly? - I bought the flavored popcorn from a nearby gourmet popcorn shop.  Super easy!

A Cookie Buffet - idea courtesy of Skip to My Lou 




Most (if not all) of these ideas can be done in a pinch by purchasing the ingredients right off your grocer's shelves.  Don't get me wrong...there's nothing like homemade!  But that just isn't realistic all the time.  So give yourselves a break every once and a while and cheat a little!  I promise I won't tell. 

Happy Fourth of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comments:

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

Very practical advice! That taco bar and all those popcorn variations look yummy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...