Monday, August 15, 2011

Ice Cream - Monday Munchies

Hi everyone!!!  We're baaaaaaack.  Thank you for sticking with us during our two week summer break. 
During these lingering days of HOT weather, all I can think of is ice cream.  I think about it when I wake up.  I think about it all throughout the day.  I dream about it at night.  Ok - so you might have guessed that I am a lover of ice cream.  And what better party food?  Adults love it.  Kids love it.  You can dress it however you choose and flavor to your heart's desire.  Let's explore further...


Southern Living has ideas for 20 great homemade ice cream recipes.  You MUST check it out.  They all look positively mouth watering! 


Like Mocha Ice Cream.






Eat Drink Chic has a great post on an Ice Cream Parlour Buffet concept for your next party.



If you are going to go all the way with an ice cream theme, then you might as well include a cake.  Check out this super cute one from Hostess with the Mostess' post on a Good Ole Fashioned Ice Cream Party.


Perhaps ice cream sandwiches are more your thing?  This is a great make-ahead party item.  Keep them in the freezer and just plop the tray out when it is eatin' time.  How beautiful are these from Once Upon a Chef???


There is only a bit of summer left so take advantage while you can!  For me, that means ice cream...and lots of it!  Have fun and stay cool!

 



1 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Oh dear, this post is SO appropriately named . . . I have a serious case of the Monday munchies after reading this :-) That ice cream cake is absolutely adorable, and I am seriously craving an ice cream sandwich now!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...