Thursday, September 8, 2011

School Theme Baby Shower: Favors and Corsage

IMG_2680
Since I had a school theme going on, I decided that bookmarks and notepads would make a perfect party favor! I used my Cinch to make the notebooks with covers in papers that coordinated with the rest of the party décor. The bookmarks were modeled after this cute one.


Of course I had to use a brown lunch sack to hold them – I’m kind of obsessed with them! To add a special touch I scalloped the edge with my favorite scallop punch.  I used bakers twine to secure them closed, and added scrapbook journal cards with a handstamped “many thanks”. I made some cute felt flowers based on this tutorial and glued them to the corner of the bag for a cute little accent.
By the way, I’m kind of obsessed with flowers that you can DIY, and this tutorial for felt flowers was so easy and fun! I used some more felt to make this cute corsage for the mom-to-be! I just hot glued it to a jewelry pin.
150 watermark
Don’t you just love that photo? So that wraps the School Theme Baby Shower! I hope that you got some inspiration from this fun party! Check out the recap here for all the posts. I'd love to hear what you think!

image

Linking to:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative BlogSomewhat Simple
Featured On The  Crafty Nest
Pure Joy Events Party Tutorial Contest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...