Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honorary Cupcakes

Today's feature on gourmet cupcakes breaks down all cupcake walls.  Or liners?  These three desserts (or breakfast treats!) in cupcake form defy all traditional notions on what makes a cupcake.  In fact they don't even have the word cupcake in their names!  But they sound delicious and are made in cupcake tins, so I consider them honorary cupcakes!  And how cute would our cupcake toppers look on them!


imageimageimage
1. Those who know either of us know we are BIG fans of goat cheese.  But I've never really ventured into trying it in desserts.  These Goat Cheese and Honey Stuffed Fig Muffins from How Sweet Eats might sway me.  Don't they look amazing?
2. These Princess Donut Muffins from Aubergine, Sweet & Green are so pretty, I'm not so sure I could eat them.  Nevermind, you convinced me.
3. Chocolate croissants are those delicious treats that I very rarely allow myself to indulge in.  But this recipe for Mini Chocolate Croissant Puffs from Do You Know the Muffin Pan? combine the decadent treat in a single serving size – no guilt, right?


What's your favorite honorary cupcake?
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...