Monday, March 28, 2011

Candied Lemons – Monday Munchies

With the end of citrus season upon us, I thought it best to put every last cottin' pickin' part of my lemons to use.  Heather had the same idea and so that is how we ended up with 483 lemons when we got together to try to invent some cocktail recipes.  Ok - so we really didn't have THAT many...but close.  It was a great opportunity for me to try my hand at candied lemon peels.  I used this recipe from allrecipes.com. SUPER simple.  Just three ingredients: lemons, water and sugar.


First I peeled the pith from the outer yellow peels, which was the hardest part, quite frankly. 


IMG_9828


Then I tossed them in the pan with the water.


IMG_9830


Then boiled to perfection.  


IMG_9835


It was that easy.  The result?  Beautiful and delicious!!! You can see it on our cocktail post tomorrow! 


If you want to try your hand at candied citrus peels, you might also like one of these recipes:


Candied Orange Peels from Calabria from Scratch


Orangettes by Smitten Kitchen


Candied Grapefruit Peels from Food Network, courtesy of Jacques Torres


If you have half as much fun making yours as I did mine then it will all be worth it!  Happy Monday.





1 comments:

Savannah said...

wow these look amazing!!! Ill have to try it for sure!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...