Monday, May 30, 2011

Not Your Average Nachos: Monday Munchies

Yep, it's me again, hijacking today's Memorial Day edition of Monday Munchies!  G is moving out of state today. :( So since she is on the road, I thought I'd share some amazing recipes for delicious treats you can enjoy all summer long!


I love nachos. Really the more toppings the better – give me some yummy salsa, gooey cheese, taco meat, sour cream, black olives – YUM! They make for fun party food too – who can resist a plate of salty gooey goodness?


But today’s roundup isn’t about your average nacho. (For the record, I started to title this Nacho your average nacho but I forced myself to resist for your sake). No, today we celebrate the non-traditional – a unique, but delicious nonetheless, series of gooey covered plates.  Some are salty, and some are sweet. You’ll thank me for this one even if your waistline won’t. Trust me, remember this delicious delight? Yep, we have your best interests in mind here, people.
image
More after the jump.
Let’s start with more savory deliciousness.
imageimage
1. Greek Nachos from Not Without Salt.
2. Shrimp and Wonton Chip Asian Nachos from White on Rice Couple. 
imageimage
3. Buffalo Chicken Nachos from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
4.
Corned Beef and Potato Nachos from Cooking by the Seat of My Pants.


How about some fruit versions?
imageimageimage
5. Plantain Nachos from food52.
6.
Apple Nachos from Real Mom Kitchen.
7.
Pineapple & Chorizo Nachos from Feel Good Eats.


Finally, you know this is what you are here for. The Dessert Nachos.
imageimageimageimage
8. Nutella Nachos with Raspberry Peach Pico de Gallo from Cowgirl Chef
9.
Cinnamon and Sugar Toasted Mini Pita Fruit Nachos from Picky Palate.
10.
Chips and Salsa Cookies from SugarBelle. (Yep, they are cookies!)
11.
Caramel Fudge S’mores Nachos from Eat at Home

My theory is this post just justified having a three course meal of nachos alone. Thank me later. 



Enjoy!


image

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...