Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Desserts (without the Pie!)

I think I’ve mentioned before (and surprisingly you didn’t hold it against me) that I don’t like pie. Don’t get me wrong – I’m a HUGE dessert fan! Just something about pie is just, well, not worth the calories to me if I’m going to invest in dessert! That also means that I don’t have a clue how to make a decent pie, and I’m not really interested in giving it a shot. It’s hard to convince yourself to invest the time if you aren’t going to invest the calories. :)

We are headed out of town to stay with our sis and brother in law and their new baby (yay!!) so I’m planning to cook us a Thanksgiving dinner that is low key, since inevitably we’ll all be distracted by the newborn or my three year old! So I’ve been hunting down the perfect dessert recipe for Thanksgiving, and I thought I’d share some that appeal to me here, just in case you have some anti-pie folks at your Thanksgiving table too!

imageimage
1. Fast and Easy Caramel Apple Trifle by Bakers Royale (you had me at fast and easy!)
2.
Rustic Caramel Apple Tart from Honest to Nod (absolutely gorgeous, isn’t it?).
imageimage
3. Cardamom Honey Pears from Not Without Salt (speaking of gorgeous!)
4.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffles from Wayward Girls Crafts. (Chocolate? I’m in!)

Picky Palate has a ton of fantastic options!

imageimageimage
1. Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies
2.
Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Icing
3.
Cream Cheese and Butterscotch Pumpkin Pies with Gingersnap Streusel Topping  (I know, I know - these are just mini-pies! To be fair, she recommends frozen pie crust and they are topped with streusel - and are cute little minis!)

So all you anti-pie people out there, rejoice! You won’t be left out when it comes to Thanksgiving dessert this year!

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...