Monday, December 12, 2011

Stamped Canvas Bags

I love to make gifts for the kiddos in my son’s daycare classroom! He is beyond thrilled to receive a treat from a friend, so I love sharing that joy with his classmates! Last year after Christmas I lucked out and found lots of little treasures at Walmart that I picked up for half off. So I needed a cute little vessel to hold them. This is an easy project that your little ones can even help with!


IMG_4189-1
Supplies:
Mini Canvas Bags
Any holiday stamps and/or alphabet stamps
Red Ink (I used Staz on)

IMG_4191-1
I purchased my little canvas bags from Pick Your Plum at a great deal! If you haven’t checked them out before, they are a great resource for discount craft supplies. There is one new deal every day and you have to get it before it sells out. (In full disclosure, they are an affiliate. However, I’m also a frequent customer!).


Since that deal is no longer available, I’d highly recommend purchasing some from the i love it all shop! Monika is fabulous to work with and has such high quality products! I’ve purchased some of her mini albums/journals before and LOVE them. She’s always super fast at shipping too!


This is a super easy project – simply stamp right on the canvas bags! I used a holiday stamp on each side, with my son’s name also on one side. He can write his name but keeping him focused and writing it 20 times for the kiddos is a bit challenging. I like to save that for Grandma and those that will appreciate it more. :)
IMG_4185-1
This would also work with the subway sign approach I took on these treat bags here!


Notice how easy it was to stamp his name with the alphabet stamps (these are the ones I used)? I simply placed a rubberband around the letters I needed to hold them together so I wouldn’t have to stamp each letter separately. I saw this genius idea on Pinterest (I apologize – I can’t find the link!).
IMG_4192-1
The treats easily fit inside and are all ready to hand out – yay, one more item off my holiday to-do list!
IMG_4184-1
By the way, I made a few extra because I realized they’d make for perfectly cute gift card holders. Perfect for his teachers and teenaged cousins!
IMG_4195-1
These would also make great little favor bags. Have you ever stamped on canvas? It’s a bit addicting – I can’t wait to make another project!


image
Linking to:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative BlogSomewhat Simplehbcbutton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really smart to use a rubber band around the alphabet stamps! I've used scotch tape before, but its always been a little tricky. I bet a rubber band is much easier.

Disneypal said...

Great tip with the rubber band - I pinned your blog post :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...