Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mini Wreath Challenge: G’s Ornaments (and Year of the Tree)

Ok - so Heather and I finally got to see each other during a recent trip and BOY did we have fun!!!  Among the many things we chatted about, we decided to do a mini wreath challenge in December.  Here's the big reveal for my wreaths.  Now - I wanted this to do double duty for my Year of the Tree event (which has desperately fallen behind - but I shall continue throughout 2012!) so the ornaments had to coordinate.  I definitely went more "Martha" than Heather did with her mini wreaths (stay tuned tomorrow for her GORGEOUS array of creative awesomeness), keeping mine all in the same make and color scheme.  


IMG_1111


I started with mini wreath forms - I got them here.  Then I just wrapped shades of green, thick and nubby yarn around until it was covered.  I hot glued it to keep the yarn in place.  


IMG_4227-1


Next, I dug out some tiny red glass ornaments that I bought on sale a few years ago when Smith & Hawken had a Christmas clearance event.  I used wired cutters to clip off the hook part and then simply stuck the sharp wire end into the styrofoam and secured the "berry" with a little hot glue.  You could use any red beads you pick up from the store - they're everywhere!

IMG_1123



Voila!  DONE!  It is a simple look, but I think they turned out great and I love how they look on my hobby room tree!


IMG_1103




IMG_1121


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!  I HOPE 2012 BRINGS YOU GREAT JOY AND HAPPINESS!








Linking to:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative BlogSomewhat SimpleVisit thecsiproject.comhbcbutton
Fun Stuff Fridays

5 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So pretty and creative! I can't find mini wreath forms but I'm going to try the cheapo shower curtain rings from the Dollar Store for these. I'm thinking of turning it into a party with the girls, lots of rings, yarn, garlands, etc and everyone gets lots of wreaths! Thanks for the ideas!

ElleSee said...

I love it! Very clever, and simple too :)

Kim said...

Very pretty!

Gretchen said...

Thanks ladies! I went to the link I provided to look for the mini-wreaths and you are right, Ann, that they don't have them right now. Weird. Perhaps they just sold out during the holidays. So sorry about that!!! If I can find another site that has them I'll post the link. Toot-a-loo.

Ruby Jean said...

Oh those are Just the MOST Adorable Wreathes I have ever seen!!! So perfectly cute for a DOLL HOUSE!! I would love for you to share it here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...