Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mini Wreath Challenge: H’s Ornaments

I had far too much fun with this challenge! There was something about whipping up little ornaments in 5 minutes that made me go slightly overboard and I loved every minute!


I started trying to replicate this great wreath ornament my sister made. But alas, our wreaths were thicker and they just didn’t look quite as cute as hers!!Ornament-1-2
But that didn’t stop me! You probably already realize that I’m a crazy craft supply shopper – more so than a crafter. So it was fun to shop from my stash to create these little goodies! Here’s what I came up with!
Handmade Ornament 1-2Handmade Ornament 7Handmade Ornament 2
1. This one used some great lace hem tape (you can find it near the ricrac and bias tape!). I just wrapped it around to cover the wreath. Then with a rhinestone brad to attach doily cut with my favorite punch! 

2. On this wreath I used some beautiful ribbon from American Crafts to wrap my wreath. Then I repurposed a charm that came on a candle I received as a gift. 


3. This wreath I did buy for  - I picked up some mini-bead garland at JoAnns and wrapped it around the wreath. Then I used hot glue to adorn some mini cabochon flowers. I used the hem tape from the first ornament to create the hanger.

Handmade Ornament 3Handmade Ornament 6
4. I followed the larger thumbtack concept with this one, using simple silver thumbtacks to cover the base of the wreath. Then I used some colored thumbtacks to add a little decoration. This one is HEAVY! 

5. Using my favorite red and white baker’s twine, I wrapped this wreath like a yarn wreath. Then I attached some cute green buttons and a plaid ribbon for a hanger.

These last two are my favorites!
Handmade Ornament 5Handmade Ornament 4
6. Once I realized my rag wreath was a failure, I took off the strips of fabric and wrapped them all the way around the wreath, leaving the rough tattered edges exposed. Then I attached three small jingle bells and some small felt leaves I freehand cut. Cute! 

7. I used my favorite fuzzy yarn on this simple yarn wreath. Then I pulled out my scrapbooking supplies to adorn it with three rhinestone star brads and a fabric word tag. I used simple jute to create the hanger on this one!



So much fun! Make sure to check out yesterday’s post to see G’s charming yarn and beaded wreaths! Hope you enjoyed our mini wreath challenge – I know we did!
image

Linking to:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative BlogSomewhat SimpleVisit thecsiproject.comhbcbutton
Fun Stuff Fridays

7 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Beautiful and creative and so varied! I think I the last one with the fuzzy yarn is my favorite. Such good, simple ideas, I'll have to try all of them out. Maybe have a wreath making party? Thanks for the ideas!

Anonymous said...

These are all cute! My favorite is the white one with the believe tag.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love them all! Such great ideas! I'd love for you to link your post up at my Friday Favorites party. This week is a special Holly Bloggy Christmas edition!

G and H said...

I love the idea of having an ornament making party with these - how fun!!

Kara @ June & Bear said...

these are all adorable. i love every one.

lej619 said...

Love them!! What size are the wreaths??

Anonymous said...

These are so cute. I made some similar ones this year for my Cookie Tree. I had a bunch of mini grapevine wreaths so I wrapped them with torn fabric strips and the glued on gingerbread buttons and mini cookie cutters. Here is a link to photos of my tree.

http://buggalcrafts.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/my-cookie-christmas-tree-2011-photo-15/

http://buggalcrafts.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/my-cookie-christmas-tree-2011-photo-14/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...