Friday, December 16, 2011

Button Ornaments

My sister has been my craft inspiration for as long as I remember. When her teenaged son was little, she would make all sorts of crafts and sell them at fairs (in addition to being a full time working mom). I still have a bunch of her beautiful wares in my home, including our most favorite – a felt stuffed turkey for Thanksgiving! 


We decided that it would be fun to work together on some crafts throughout the year together. We planned to pick a source of inspiration, then each would do their own thing and compare.


Last month, I chose this button tree by Maximum Rabbit Designs (LOVE!!) as our inspiration!
image


I have to admit, I’m a bit of a lazy crafter. Or maybe just an impatient one? But the idea of filling an entire styrofoam tree with buttons sounded like a BIG time commitment. Then I remembered those cute paper flower pomander balls (check out G’s super cute ones here) and decided to make ornaments instead. I found this inspiration via Pinterest and set out making my ornaments. So easy!
IMG_4213-1
I picked up pearl tipped pins in red, pearl and white and buttons in lime green, red and pearl. Most of the buttons I had on hand, but these need a LOT of buttons so I had to supplement. Then I filled in the balls – so easy! I attached some ribbon with pins for the loops and was done! These were fast, and definitely easy to do while my preschooler was working on his own crafts!
IMG_4171-1
IMG_4170-1
IMG_4218-1
image
Linking to:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative BlogSomewhat SimpleVisit thecsiproject.com hbcbuttonFun Stuff Fridays

7 comments:

Amanda Joy said...

Love the red one! I did four of the pomanders... they took a lot longer than I thought they would. You did great.

Hoping over from Whipperberry
Amanda Joy
http://www.joyinthejumble.com/2011/12/photography-how-to-create-heart-shaped.html

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

These button ornaments are so stinkin' cute, why didn't I think of that? Love them, so clever.

Lindsi B said...

Your ornaments are ADORABLE! I want to run to the craft store right now and get supplies to make them! We'd love for you to share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

Ruby Jean said...

Oh aren't those just as CUTE as a BUTTON... :) I LOVE that green one okay I actually love them all... Oh I am seeing one in PINK.. :) Thank you for stopping in and sharing this at http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

Abbie said...

This is BRILLIANT! An idea for ornaments that I've actually never seen.

I love it!

Oh, and I would love it if you'd stop by for a visit!

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

P.S. I'm your newest follower : )

Craft and Fun said...

Love this idea!

Attiqa Shad said...

Jigsaw Play ground Safety Pad Tiles provide several advantages where children’s perform equipment is within use. Jigsaw play ground safety pad tiles may also be used to produce patio as well as walkway places. JIGSAW PLAYGROUND SAFETY MAT TILES

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...