Saturday, October 9, 2010

Harvest Party

In the spirit of finding a decent excuse for a party...how about apple season???  Gather a group of family or friends and go to an orchard for some apple pickin'.  Or just buy them at your local farmer's market.  I am lucky enough to have two small apple trees in my tiny back yard - one Gala and the other a Granny Smith.  And let me tell you - those two small trees produce more than we could ever eat in our household.  The way I see it...that calls for a party!
What fall party is complete without some delicious cider?  It perfumes the air and makes for a beautiful presentation.  Check out this recipe from Country Living.  I prefer mine spiked.


And when the temperatures drop, I prefer to up my fat intake.  What better to do the job than short ribs?!?!  Country Living's recipe for slow-braised cider-marinated ribs look like heaven.  I plan to try them this weekend.  I'll let you know how they turn out.


Finally, what party would be complete without a decadent dessert?  How about caramel glazed apple cake ala Bakerella?  Even better?  This recipe is touted as "easy".


Happy pickin'!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...