Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cookie Exchange Recipes

You know what I've been thinkin' about all week?  Holiday Cookie Exchanges!  I know it's early, but one must be prepared.  Here are some of my selections for this year...and all of them freeze well if you want to make a week or two ahead of time. 


My all time favorite in the entire world...Chocolate Crinkles!  I never knew until I was an adult that anyone other than my Mama knew how to make these.








I know I've posted on these before, but I will continue to do it until every household in American has a cookie jar full of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I always use the Quaker Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe, but I replace the raisins with chocolate chips.  I mean, raisins are good and all but COME ON!  Chocolate!




There is no image that does justice to the deliciousness of Amish Oatmeal Cookies.  The dark molasses in this recipe gives the cookies a deep saturated look with a rich aroma.  These puppies are so chock full of goodness for the kiddos it is ridiculous - peanuts, raisins, oatmeal.  It does a body good.  These are the only sweets my Mom would allow me and my sisters to eat when we wanted.  We thought we were getting away with something huge - she knew better. 


Where I come from, this is considered at delicacy!  Ooey Gooey Butter Cake...need I say another word?  Okay - it is not really a cookie, but you can cut it into bars.  Okay - and I'm not really sure if it freezes well, but it takes SERIOUSLY all of about 15 minutes to whip together.   It is so Exchange-worthy! 






For you die-hard foodies out there that refuse to make anything with a cake mix, try this adaptation.  I wish I had your dedication.


Oh - and I plan to pack each of my bars in cutie pie crafty wax paper bags like this - I think I'll use a snow flake punch instead of scallops, though...and do I even need to say that they won't have an elephant on them?  I'll take pictures to share when the time comes.






Give me a week and I'll have a whole new set of ideas for what I plan to do for Cookie Exchange season.  Since I plan on inviting myself to at least two Exchanges and hosting one myself, I should have plenty of opportunity to express myself.  Good times.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi there, just checking out your blog - I was in the blog class, too! Very cute layout! Thanks for sharing your cookie recipes. I'm going to try the chocolate crinkles for my work cookie exchange this year!

G and H said...

Hi, Stephanie! Thank you so much for your compliments! It was a great class, wasn't it? I definitely recommend the crinkles - G has made them a few times for me and they are delish!

Love your site too - I'm excited to add a new site with lots of card making inspiration to my google reader!
-H

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...